A Trader Journal

Change yourself, change your trading.

App Review - 30 Seconds to Flush Stress

Recently I came across a nice free app that helps one to reduce the stress and get back into the game quickly with increased alertness, energy level and productivity.

We all know more or less that meditation and cultivating mindfulness is very important to reduce stress and to improve our well being in general. But problem is majority of us don't do a regular meditation/mindfulness practice even after knowing it is highly beneficial to us. The reasons often are something like "I don't have time to meditate", "Meditation is boring", "I don't have discipline to meditate regularly" or "When I sit still and meditate, it makes me more anxious" etc.

I think this app provides a good solution to above challenges i.e., it has 5 short practical exercises for the user to chose one from for the day and each of the exercises takes just 30 seconds. Also the exercises can be done anywhere and anytime of the day. (Note: Don't do the exercises while driving etc). The exercises are simple and designed to interrupt our automatic mindless thinking and bring us quickly into present moment.


There are multiple gateways (breath, sight, hearing...) available to us to come into the present moment. The exercises in the app are designed such that each exercise uses a different gateway to the present moment. All we need to do is just follow the simple instructions given for that exercise. No need of lot of preparation or scheduling a time slot in our calendar etc.

Probably I should favor all exercises equally but for now my favorite exercises are Deep seeing, Deep hearing and Deep breathing. For deep breathing exercise, by the time I do 3-4 breaths, 30 seconds is complete. So 10 deep breaths takes a minute or more. 3-4 breaths is also good enough to see the difference. Deep contact exercise is bit confusing. But that is fine as I do a similar exercise which I picked up in past from one of the Eckhart Tolle's books.


On a side note, given these exercises are so simple, quick and can be done anywhere/any time of the day, it would be great if this functionality is available as a mobile app in future. All in all, I think the exercises are great and beneficial to include in daily routine. Don't let the simplicity of exercises trick you. Best way to evaluate is to just try the exercises and see how you feel immediately afterwards.

Link:
30 seconds to Flush stress

Disclaimer: 

The above are just my opinions and your experience/benefits from usage could be different from mine. I am not affiliated and don't gain anything by others usage of this app.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Stats...

Subscribe

Wall Street Currents

Share