A Trader Journal

Change yourself, change your trading.

Wall Street Currents - for better trading

My original plan was to post a study on Time Diversification like the previous study posts. Actually I think this post will provide more value.  I will try to get the study out on next weekend post.

Today's post covers an important topic that is often glossed over but critical. IMO a good part of trading involves knowing the environment we are in, context around the trade and making quality decisions. Now all these three factors depend (besides psychology) a lot on quality of data available to us and the time spent on analysisThis is one reason many of us spend a large part of time shifting through lot of data.

Problem is there is so much information on net and most of it is not that good. So we end up spending most of our precious time either on finding information (or) shifting through available information to find nuggets in haystack. This actually hurts our trading in multiple ways like cutting into time available for analysis to understand the environment & context, getting influenced by useless stuff while searching for nuggets etc.

I got tired of this i.e., going to multiple sites inefficiently and shifting through to keep myself updated on what's happening with markets, what is driving, what is the mood, various experts perspectives (more better if the perspectives contradict ours) etc. Also the linear nature of newsreaders are more annoying than useful.

So I created some tools for my own use a while back. My experience and the feedback I got was it is very useful and convenient. So I decided to convert into a site and share it with others. You will see the site is clean i.e., no ads or selling of services etc. The ReadMe page on the site describes how I use it to get an idea of environment, context and answer to other questions listed on the site.

If you find the site useful for your trading/investing then please share it with others. I would not have found some blogs included in the site currently without sharing first. Also if you are tech savvy and would like to contribute then please let me know. I have some technical questions.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share